- Slowly stir in 1 cup of the water with the mustard and set aside.
- Bring remaining water to a simmer.
- Slowly stir in sugars, honey, and syrup until fully dissolved.
- Add vinegar, Worcestershire, and Liquid Smoke.
- Stir in beef consommé.
- Slowly stir in diluted mustard.
- Slowly stir in catsup.
- Add Louisiana Hot Sauce and Tony Chachere's Seasoning without breathing.
Eliminate the La. Hot Sauce and Tony's Seasoning if making SaneSauce; otherwise multiply by the level of punishment. Therefore, Gator'Nator (level 5) requires 5 ounces of Hot Sauce and 5 tablespoons of Tony's.
You have been warned!!!
Simmer on low-medium for at least 2 hours, stirring periodically. The longer it cooks, the thicker it gets. I usually simmer it for at least 4 hours.
I plan on modifying the recipe. The first change will be to use real tomatoes and cut back on the water. Let me know how yours turns out!
, All Rights Reserved